Dolomites

Dolomites

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Pre-trip Anxiety

Lana here...
So we know with packing clothes for a trip, we always try to check a weather app for the upcoming forecast.  This is what was showing for the hiking area (Alta Badia) where we will be going!!


To say this gave me some pre trip anxiety is an under statement. Not exactly the warm Fall weather I was hoping for and seeing 4 days with snow flakes totally freaked me out!!! Who comes it Italy in September and expects winter weather?!??!!

But we decided to make the best of it and I promptly packed a bunch of layers, fleece and waterproof gear. Not that I have a lot of this type of clothing but my reaction is to just take everything I own out of sheer panic :)

Randy, being the saner of the two of us, thought to email our AirBnB host and ask him what the weather forecast was as we also thought we might have had some confusion over which San Cassiano location in Italy was the correct one. Our host sent us a link to a web page that showed the forecast in terms of cloud cover, precipitation and wind but NO temperatures.  Oddest weather web page I've ever seen!! Our host did say that the weather was below seasonal until today but then should be between 15-23 during the day. Whew!! So I go back to my suitcase and take out a few pieces. 

Turns out this forecast above was the correct location--but we think this might be for higher up the mountain as this area is a ski resort. We are hopeful that lower down in the village where we are actually staying will be more moderate. So back to the suitcase and I throw BACK IN the additional layers I just removed as better too warm than freezing my butt off!! 

Worse case scenario--I can wear every layer I have brought including my travel scarf for hiking. 



No comments:

Post a Comment